Tahu isi, or fried stuffed tofu is a light snack made of tofu and vegetables. It is easy to find this snack food stalls selling snacks on the way to Indonesia. In this recipe, if you want to do it yourself. It 'easy and does not require much time to cook.
- 6 medium tofu, each cut into triangles, half fried For the filling
- 150 grams of ground beef / chicken / shrimp
- 2 carrots cut into small cubes - 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped - Pepper to taste - salt to taste or 1 / 2 cube beef seasoning mix flour
- 100 g flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, pan-Broil - Kaempferia galangal candlenut 3-2 cm ( kencur)
- 1 / 2 teaspoon turmeric powder - salt to taste - water 125 ml
1. Heat oil in a wok and fry the tofu until browned on both sides. Set aside. When they are cold, remove the middle to make a hole to fill.
2. For the filling: in the remaining oil, fry the onion and garlic. Add beef, stirring until browned. Next, put the carrots in it. Pour the water, enough to be carrots. Salt and pepper to taste. When about to be, mixing cornstarch with water and add little to the filling to make it thicker. Cook until about 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
3. Take a spoon and stuff it into the hole of tofu, one by one until everything is done. Set aside.
4. A flour mixture: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Add a little water if necessary.
5. Dip the tofu stuffed with flour mixture before frying (for a crispy skin).
6. Fry tofu fillings over medium heat until browned.